British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lights in my nano tank is not working, i am assuming that bulbs burned. I need:
1 Coralife 10,000K 36 watt
1 Coralife Actinic 36 watt

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
chances are it's one bulb or the other that's bad. I read somewhere that some fixtures (Coralife I believe) when one bulb goes out the other won't come on , highly unlikely for both to go out at the same time. Or it could be the ballast or starter(if it has one). Probably best to borrow a bulb or 2 and try that first to make sure, they are the problem

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the same, i would love to check some how if mine are good or now

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks John i will try, thats an excuse to go to J&L too.. never been there :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
chances are it's one bulb or the other that's bad. I read somewhere that some fixtures (Coralife I believe) when one bulb goes out the other won't come on , highly unlikely for both to go out at the same time. Or it could be the ballast or starter(if it has one). Probably best to borrow a bulb or 2 and try that first to make sure, they are the problem
I have a coralife fixture on one of my tanks and I had one bulb burn out a few months back then the second bulb just burned out yesterday. Right now I only have one new bulb in the fixture since that is all I could find locally. Maybe the OP fixture is different then mine but I think most coralife fixtures will work with only one bulb.

I think it is probably that some part of the OP fixture has failed(ballast) rather than both bulbs burning out at the same time.

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
I have a coralife fixture on one of my tanks and I had one bulb burn out a few months back then the second bulb just burned out yesterday. Right now I only have one new bulb in the fixture since that is all I could find locally. Maybe the OP fixture is different then mine but I think most coralife fixtures will work with only one bulb.

I think it is probably that some part of the OP fixture has failed(ballast) rather than both bulbs burning out at the same time.
Mine is the same as your are too, I wasn't sure if it was a Coralife model , just remembered reading that about one of them being that way. But I agree that it's probably a ballast or something else other than both bulbs going out at the same time.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a pic of the light, if u shake it a bit makes a bit of a sound so i am not sure if is just burn or the ballast

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
oh ....I thought you had t5's ,thats a compact florescent straight pin, most likely the bulb then is there another bub as well or is the one pictured the 2 bulbs you are referring to?

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there is 2 of them, the one in the pic is the Actinic one, there is 1 Coralife 10,000K 36 watt and 1 Coralife Actinic 36 watt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.