British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 45 gallon planted has finally filled in and Im looking for 2-3 discus preferably a group that all get along. Does any one know a store or a member thats selling any?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Unless you are getting a mated pair, I would go for at least 4. I have 2 sets of 4 in my 46 gallon bowfronts and they get along great. No fighting at all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like April has an awesom shipment coming in! I will deffinatly be contacting her.

Target:
I realy wasent sure how many I could get in my 45, I would love to get 4 if you think there wouldent be any problems.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If you do regular water changes, 4 or 5 adults in a 45 gallon shouldn't be a problem at all and with discus, within reason, the more crowded the fish are, the less the agression

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Looks like April has an awesom shipment coming in! I will deffinatly be contacting her.

Target:
I realy wasent sure how many I could get in my 45, I would love to get 4 if you think there wouldent be any problems.
I am by no means an expert, but 4 work together great in both my tanks. Most people will say minimum of 5 or 6, but 4 works for me. Plus, it still follows the 10 gallon per fish rule. 5 didn't work in my tank. 2 bullied the other 3 and each other until I sold them and got a new 4th. I have never heard anything good about only keeping 3 together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts