British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a glass canopy for my 25gal but am missing the black edge pieces with the two grooves that hold the glass in place. I've tried a few stores, and have been told to order online... thought I'd check and see if anyone here has some edges lying around, maybe from an old broken canopy or something. I'd be happy to pick up, and can offer something in trade for your trouble responding/digging it out of the closet/parting with. PM me :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
it you are talking about the plastic piece that is found between teh glass top and the back of teh tank, where you can cut out spaces for heaters and filter tubes and stuff like that, Roger's in Surrey sells it for $3.99 per foot... I was there the other day and saw it and they have lots of it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it you are talking about the plastic piece that is found between teh glass top and the back of teh tank, where you can cut out spaces for heaters and filter tubes and stuff like that, Roger's in Surrey sells it for $3.99 per foot... I was there the other day and saw it and they have lots of it
No, I don't mean that, and I don't mean a glass hinge... the pieces I am looking for do not run lengthwise. They go on the sides, holding in all the pieces of glass so they don't fall down into the water. It's just a long strip of plastic, really, shaped like a capital "E" if you take a cross-section, so that one piece of glass can slide beneath another. I already have the glass and the back strip, and don't need any hinges as I intend the glass to just slide back as needed (actually, I don't even need it to cover the tank, I just want to protect the light from too much condensation). This is how it originally functioned before I lost the side pieces :(

·
Registered
890 Posts
Rogers in Surrey has that stuff too, not sure on the price. So you are talking about a sliding glass top versus a hinged glass top!...What you are looking for is also at Rogers!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hadn't checked king ed's, but I did check roger's and they didn't have just the side pieces. Lots of places sell this type of canopy but won't sell each piece separately.
In any case I think a totally awesome member has some for me :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts