British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says☺ for my 15 gallon long shrimp tank.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
Hello Janice.

A Mini Up may not be the best choice as a filter for a shrimp tank (especially if your intent is breeding them). The filter is not shrimplet safe and has a flow rate of up to 80GPH. A better choice would by an Aquaclear with a stainless steel strainer or a sponge filter.

JMHO

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!

·
Registered
410 Posts
if you are interested in a bnib aquaclear 20, i have one for $25.

or i also have a aquaclear 30 that was used for 6 months for $20.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Janice.

A Mini Up may not be the best choice as a filter for a shrimp tank (especially if your intent is breeding them). The filter is not shrimplet safe. A better choice would by an Aquaclear with a stainless steel strainer or a sponge filter.

JMHO

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!
Thank for the heads up! I have sponge filters. I was worried about the flow being to strong for the shrimp with the HOB filters. I vision the poor shrimp being blown around like they are caught in a hurricane

·
Registered
410 Posts
i have 2x aquaclear 20 in my 10g shrimp tank. The flow doesn't bother them at all. I have it set to medium with the flow control.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have 2x aquaclear 20 in my 10g shrimp tank. The flow doesn't bother them at all. I have it set to medium with the flow control.
Oh perfect! Thank you. I will check out petsmart to see if they have a sale on ☺

·
Registered
410 Posts
i also have a prefilter on both intakes also.

Reactions: Gaia
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.