British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for fluidized reactor. With or without pump.
Will be experimenting using this with fresh water system so media not important.
Willing to pick up
thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
try jl aquatics, am running a fluidized bed filter and a vertex reactor on my discus 300 gallon both purchased at jl aquatics,the staff can walk you through pumps and waterflow requirments..chillin

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Chillin, you gave me the idea originally when you replied to the purigen thread. I have been thinking alot about it since. I am hoping to avoid full retail price but they do have the best deals in town.
The the 2 little fishies pro combo pack looks like the best deal.

Say did you ever try treating your discus with prazi while using purigen?

What type of media are you using in the reactor? I undertand they use calcium from argonite usually. that wouldnt suit freshwater though of course especially discus. I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
im running purigen in the reactor, also a fluidized bed filter both are prefiltered through 2 large canister filters with pleated inserts .iam running a heddered supply and return lines large capacity pumps .ball valves to maintain and finetune waterflow. i try to avoid meds and only in a quarantine tank.i find higher temps and salt baths along with lots of water changes works for me, i run a buffer bag of argonite in the tank and my ro water holding tank.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still looking, J&L had the large calcium reactor used for 300+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts