British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I appear to have developed a bit of "nano fever" and I am looking for another nano tank......ist choice would be a fluval EBi to add to my fishroom. Please p.m. me if you have one available for sale. Thanks, George

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are a great size tank. I've added a better in tank filter to mine and installed a fluval plant led light as well.
I totally agree...I currently have two and would like to add another. The fluval plant LED light sounds like a great addition :) LED is definitely the way to go :cool: Just gotta convince myself to spend the extra bucks :eek:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well if you get another you will need 3 lights!! Blow $300 on that alone. Lol I want to add pressurized co2 to mine one day and go a little higher tech. My 3 nano tanks are so nice to look at with the plants and wood etc. I have an ebi, edge and the larger spec

·
Registered
379 Posts
IF you place the tanks next to each other, you just need to buy 1 long light. (18-24 inch one.)

I remember some one were selling it and another guy was selling fluval naon aqualife and plant led. (Thought about it but v2 has come out.)

King ED has demo for sell as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMG_4094.jpg Hi, I have one for sale. It will come with a Fluval C3 HOB filter, Fluval Nano Full Spectrum LED light, ADA rocks and substrates as a package for $200. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IF you place the tanks next to each other, you just need to buy 1 long light. (18-24 inch one.)
I remember some one were selling it and another guy was selling fluval naon aqualife and plant led. (Thought about it but v2 has come out.)
King ED has demo for sell as well.
That's a great idea. If I am able to get another EBi that would be three side by side and the LED you suggest would be perfect....and MUCH cheaper that buying three individual LED's ;) Maybe I'll check with Ron at King Ed :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if you get another you will need 3 lights!! Blow $300 on that alone. Lol I want to add pressurized co2 to mine one day and go a little higher tech. My 3 nano tanks are so nice to look at with the plants and wood etc. I have an ebi, edge and the larger spec
I agree re. LED's...... Don't think that I will "Blow $300 on that alone".......
....."pressurized co2"...led's....yep, that is really going "high tech"....I like your plans :bigsmile:
I currently have one spec V in addition to my two EBi's...want at least one more EBi and then maybe another spec V :) I've even considered a spec 11 or spec 111 as a nice little addition :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 115946 Hi, I have one for sale. It will come with a Fluval C3 HOB filter, Fluval Nano Full Spectrum LED light, ADA rocks and substrates as a package for $200. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks for the offer.....it looks like an awesome system, but a bit more than I can afford at the moment. :( I am just looking for the basic EBi with the standard light...will possibly go the LED route in the future when funds permit :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
George you might want to try North America pet store down the street from Kerry old store.Last time I was there they had a bunch of Nano tanks made in China.Saw some that I never seen before.Not sure on the prices but worth checking out.

Reactions: guppygeorge

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
George you might want to try North America pet store down the street from Kerry old store.Last time I was there they had a bunch of Nano tanks made in China.Saw some that I never seen before.Not sure on the prices but worth checking out.
Thanks Jody....it's worth a look ;)

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are a great size tank. I've added a better in tank filter to mine and installed a fluval plant led light as well.
What "better" filter have you added ? I have found the "stock" ones to be quite adequate in the two tanks that I have.....mind you, I don't have them heavily loaded/highly populated at the moment ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
What "better" filter have you added ? I have found the "stock" ones to be quite adequate in the two tanks that I have.....mind you, I don't have them heavily loaded/highly populated at the moment ;)
I used fluval nano under water filter before and I believe it is the stock filter for the fluval ebi. The problem I have with stock filter is that 1.it could make a lot of noise. (Unless you are lucky to get good impeller.) 2, if you use it as shrimp tank the baby shrimp will find its way into the filter. (I cut from to block the the intake holes and baby shrimp still manage get into the filter stuck between the bio from and bio max media.)

However I guess there are limited options such as hop filter (aquaclear 20) or canister filter that rated for 10 gallon. (Zoomed nano 10)

·
Registered
447 Posts
George I use outside filter for all my shrimp tanks and put sponge on intake.You can sometimes find the smaller ones for turtles at Petsmart.I use one I got from a member and they work great.If I see one around I'll let you know.I also have 2 Top Fin inside filters rated for 10 gallons you can have as well.

Reactions: guppygeorge

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
George I use outside filter for all my shrimp tanks and put sponge on intake.You can sometimes find the smaller ones for turtles at Petsmart.I use one I got from a member and they work great.If I see one around I'll let you know.I also have 2 Top Fin inside filters rated for 10 gallons you can have as well.
Hi Jody. When you say "outside filters" are you talking about aqua clears ?? They make a very small one...I believe it is called a "mini" . I'm o.k. at the moment as I only have shrimp tank...with the crs from Anthony. They are still young and not ready to breed. Thanks for the offer ;)

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used fluval nano under water filter before and I believe it is the stock filter for the fluval ebi. The problem I have with stock filter is that 1.it could make a lot of noise. (Unless you are lucky to get good impeller.) 2, if you use it as shrimp tank the baby shrimp will find its way into the filter. (I cut from to block the the intake holes and baby shrimp still manage get into the filter stuck between the bio from and bio max media.)
However I guess there are limited options such as hop filter (aquaclear 20) or canister filter that rated for 10 gallon. (Zoomed nano 10)
I don't find mine are noisy....mind you they are in my fish room where there is noise from pumps and bubbles from corner filters....so a bit of noise isn't a biggie. My one group of shrimp (CRS) are still young, but some BCA"s have suggested that putting some fine mesh at the inlet grid/grill will prevent babies from being sucked into the filter. Anyway, I am getting lots of helpful suggestions...Thanks to you and all others . This is a journey :cool: My wife said the other day..." sometimes I think you and all of your fish friends are a bit a.d.d.....you're always chopping and changing" She may be right as I never am content to just "stand pat"....always seeking ways to improve conditions for my little aquatic friends.....:eek:

·
Registered
447 Posts
George I'll text you a picture.Not Aqua clear filter?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I used a different fluval filter. The motor in mine packed it in rather quickly. New one seems to be fine although I can't remember the model.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts