British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for 1 or 2 galaxy rasbora's for my nano. If possible, i would like a male and female to breed them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help jobber, but im trying to look for ones that are captive bred so not only does it take the pressure off the wild galaxy rasboras, but they are much hardier. anyone got any for sale?

·
Registered
428 Posts
as far as I know, their are no more wild galaxy rasboras, they are extinct in the wild or are heavily threatened, as they only come from one specific lake in Burma. And they are also known as celestial pearl danios. They stopped exporting them from Burma in Feb of 07, so the chances of getting wild caught rasboras is pretty slim.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Celestial Pearl Danios are no longer endangered in the wild, their numbers have re populated themselves. I have successfully bred them. I got 8 from April, The adult population is now up to 12. The last spawn is still (i hope). I have only seen 2 fry. I didn't get the parents out of the breeding tank in time. Hopefully i'll do better next time.

Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rescuepenguin, would you mind selling 2 to me? if not ill pick some up from roger's or something. thanks for the replies guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts