British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm cycling my 360g after having moved and was wondering if anyone has some large hardy fish to help along with my cycle. Or some good ideas on fast cheap cycles

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Find someone willing to give you some used filter media. I would trade for new, but I am a bit far from you.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the size of fish coming and tank I assume I could need to trade a ton. I also use K1 and my simp is not setup for any other type. Thanks for the input though

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,253 Posts
buy a couple bottles of bacteria. I cycled my 230 in no time especially if your on a drip. the water changes speeds it up I think

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never really understood the bacteria in a bottle. Wouldn't it be dead from lack of oxygen and food? I'll give it a try though

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
How much time do you have before adding fish to your tank? Household ammonia can produce a huge bioload - cheap too for your size of tank. But it would probably take weeks if you don't have any seeded filter media to start with. I've used Seachem Stability many times - but you need fish in the tank and daily dosing and monitoring.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I wouldn't trust LFS media I'm sure someone on here could help if I was closer I would

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Stability works if you use for 7 days in a row. They have one kind of bacteria that survives in a bottle. I was told the same thing it dies in a bottle. But I've used it and I've sent home to customers with brand new tanks and told them to add for 7 days and they succeed. Those are new fish keepers . Of course I tell them stock with a few fish and very little food at first and gradually add their fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,253 Posts
I have used it in every tank I have ever owned. I even huck some in my established tanks from time to time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts