British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to a great deal from Bonsai Dave, I am going to be starting a 55G African tank but will require the following things:

1. 150-250W Heater - FOUND - Thanks Charles
2. XP2 or equivalent/better canister filter suitable for a 55G - FOUND - Thanks Betta Boy
3. Holey Rock aka Limestone
4. Any other rocks, decorations, sand, caves etc. suitable for a African cichlid tank

Please PM me with what you have! Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
user_error, I saw some white honey comb rocks at IPU today that buffers pH above 8. But at 2.70/lb, it was a little too pricey for the nice big pieces I wanted.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clint, do you remember how many lbs the biggest piece you bought is? I'm trying to get a sense of how many lbs I'll need for a 55G.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy large pieces of lava rock? I checked the big hardware stores and Northwest Landscaping with no luck...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Clint, do you remember how many lbs the biggest piece you bought is? I'm trying to get a sense of how many lbs I'll need for a 55G.
I forgot how many pounds the big piece was. Maybe around 10lbs maybe? Sorry for the late reply just saw this now :eek:.

They had other big pieces there but it was gonna be to big for my 10 gallon haha. You should check it out. Maybe if you buy lots, they will give it to you for like a buck/lb :). Just say you heard from a friend that if you buy lots you get it for cheaper/lb :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts