British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

LF: Indian Almond Leaves

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  effox 
#1 ·
Looking for Indian Almond Leaves
the closer to the Tri City Area the better
Please post here or PM prices and location, I need quite a few depending on prices.
I can pick up.

#4 ·
No kidding about the ebay deals. I ordered a bunch, we will see what they look like when they get here in a few weeks.

@ could still use about 10 to get started on black water extract project in the meantime if anyone wants to sell some. @

Thanks for the Mykiss tip, I was waitng for a pm from him, its so darn far from Poco to Steveston though.

#10 ·
you're pushing it at one large leaf for 10 gallons...

For true blackwater it's more like 1 leaf for 1 to 2 gallons....

If you boil the leaves you can make your own extract which you can make as concentraded as you want....

The leaves take about 3 days to water log and tan the water.... that's probably plenty of time for the fish to adjust since it's a slow process over three days...

#11 ·
I've read 6-10 inches for 10 gallons for breeding. It really depends on the size of the leaf, and whether you leave it whole.

I never had a rapid ph drop, so I'm not too worried. Correct me if I'm wrong, I never paid close attention, I just no I haven't had deaths or dropped berries.

Ahhh, I should add I don't remove carbon or purigen from my filter, so the leaf may not have any effectiveness at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.