British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking for alot. Just a few. Need some for my 10 gallon yellow lab fry.
Closer to me the better :). Post/PM me price and how many rocks you have :)
*Will check home depot and other Gardening stores near my house. Will close thread "if" I find some.

Thanks, Clint.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
another way to keep the pH up is to put a little bag of crushed coral in the filter/tank. It should be a cheaper alternative.

Good luck with your breeding.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another way to keep the pH up is to put a little bag of crushed coral in the filter/tank. It should be a cheaper alternative.

Good luck with your breeding.
Thanks. Yeah that'll be my alternative :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I bought two small aquaclear bags with a bag of crushed coral for $10 today! Maybe try that?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought two small aquaclear bags with a bag of crushed coral for $10 today! Maybe try that?
I'll try that if I don't find any limestone rock :)
Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Well, this is my second time buying it LOL!

First time I bought it at Islands Pet in Richmond, They didn't have the bags, but fortunately I had 3 at home from awhile back, so I bought the bulk crushed coral, 3 scoops of it and filled my bags and dumped it in the eheim. I think it cost me about $5 for those 3 scoops of crushed coral? More than enough for my 60 gallon!

Today, I was at Fraser Aquarium, they had 2 types of bag, each package came in a two pack! So I bought the 2 x Aquaclear bags for $5 and a small - medium size bag of crushed coral for another $5! Filled it up nicely and dumped it into my rena canister =)

So I guess it cost me $10 bux everytime? Cheap and gives me a peace of mind when I sleep that I know i won't have a PH drop in the morning or anything! =)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, this is my second time buying it LOL!

First time I bought it at Islands Pet in Richmond, They didn't have the bags, but fortunately I had 3 at home from awhile back, so I bought the bulk crushed coral, 3 scoops of it and filled my bags and dumped it in the eheim. I think it cost me about $5 for those 3 scoops of crushed coral? More than enough for my 60 gallon!

Today, I was at Fraser Aquarium, they had 2 types of bag, each package came in a two pack! So I bought the 2 x Aquaclear bags for $5 and a small - medium size bag of crushed coral for another $5! Filled it up nicely and dumped it into my rena canister =)

So I guess it cost me $10 bux everytime? Cheap and gives me a peace of mind when I sleep that I know i won't have a PH drop in the morning or anything! =)
Oh man. Those stores are to far lol. Hopefully a memember near my area has extra for sale. Or I hope home depot has some limestone rock :). Just need some for a 10 gal tank. So I won't need that many :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got to Rogers Aquatic or Fish World, I'm sure Rogers definitely have it and the bag!
Oh man forgot to ask him. I was just in today lol. Would've saved me a trip to go there :). Should've made a thread like this before I went out so you could've told me they should have some in hahaha. Ill try tom though :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I went to Rogers, Rona, JYSK, and other garden stores and still have no luck.
I didn't get the chance to go Home Depot though. Another member says they should have some cuz that's where he got his from.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I just wanna Bump this just incase someone near me has a couple for sale. Just need like 1 or 2 pieces of rock for a 10 gal yellow lab fry tank.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just wanna Bump this just incase someone near me has a couple for sale. Just need like 1 or 2 pieces of rock for a 10 gal yellow lab fry tank.
If I can't my hands on any limestones, I'm willing to use crushed coral substrate. I can't use crushed coral bag to put in my filter because I am currently using a sponge filter for the 10 gallon tank.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You could try asking at Imasco. They have a lime plant at 19287 98B Avenue in Port Kells.. They have a large pile of raw limstone in small chunks that they use to feed their lime kilns . You may be able to mooch or buy all the stone you need from them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
K got some already. Please close.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.