1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have some of these plants, but I grow all of them emersed (faster growth out of water). Let me know if you want to do some plant swaps. Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I can get u some hm, rotala macranda, and I'll have the weeping moss on the weekend. I got staurogyne repents and lots of hc

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I have some. Pin atria, wendtii, narrow Java, lileopsis, micranthemoides ,rosefolia, at my shop all just arrived from tropica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw some at roger's aquatics on the weekend. Best to call them to confirm before you actually go there, don't want to waste a trip.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks Ash! I've actually never been there. Maybe it's a good time for me to check it out.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is rotala rotundifolia the same as rotala indica?
Hm I have been confused about Rotala indica for awhile haha but I think the answer is no. I've added a picture to the OP if that helps at all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hm I have been confused about Rotala indica for awhile haha but I think the answer is no. I've added a picture to the OP if that helps at all.
Same here haha...I was just looking it up, apparently rotundifolia is also named indica. I'm unsure still because I have some and they are not red (except beneath the leaves, its pinkish). This might be because I am running low tech and no co2. Anyways, I have some trimmings if you are interested let me know.

Plant Vegetation Terrestrial plant Grass Herbaceous plant

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same here haha...I was just looking it up, apparently rotundifolia is also named indica. I'm unsure still because I have some and they are not red (except beneath the leaves, its pinkish). This might be because I am running low tech and no co2. Anyways, I have some trimmings if you are interested let me know.

View attachment 114785
I am aware of a variety called Rotala rotundifolia 'green' that can only grow green. Also Rotala rotundifolia will mostly develop colour in high tech. I wouldn't mind giving your trimmings a try though! I will PM you. Thanks!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rotala Rotundifolia has been called Indica for a long time in the aquarium industry. Only recently, Ammania 'bonsai' has been confirmed as the true Rotala Indica. When aquaflora plants were still around, they went as Ammania 'bonsai'. All the various brands of tissue cultures now are Rotala 'bonsai'. There is a Rotala Rotundifolia 'pink' and 'green'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.