British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know where I can buy mineral rock for my CRS? Are they only available through online? no-one has it locally? Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know where I can buy mineral rock for my CRS? Are they only available through online? no-one has it locally? Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Patrick
It is very hard to find "REAL" mineral rocks that you see people use with their shrimps here in BC and very pricey too. I too want more of these rocks as i'm setting up more tanks in the near future. You can order online but they are small and expensive.:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
i never understood this "rock" its essentialy just a mineral source of ca and carbonate and some trace of other ions, you can easily does them for much cheaper

·
Registered
572 Posts
hey guys,

I done some research and it seems those mineral rocks is made of Calcium Montmorillonite (have no idea what it is :0) and i come across with this site ~ Edible Green Calcium Montmorillonite Living Clay Pelotheraphy For Pets ~ even through it is not in rock format. I think I may give it a try. what you guys think?

Cheers,
Patrick
Some shrimp keepers use these product but never tried it myself, i do admit it is the cheaper way to go.

If you know anyone who goes to asia like taiwan every year just ask that person to buy you some...;)

@April

Yes they do have it but as i said very pricey and VERY small!!! BTW how much are you selling the shirakura mineral powder?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts