British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

As the title says, I'm looking for Malaysian Trumpet Snails and Assassin Snails in the Kelowna area. If anyone has any, or knows someone who sells these, please let me know!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You do know that assassin snails eat other snails? So if you get trumpet snails they will get eaten. Usually people get assasin snails to get rid of their snail population. I have 3 assassins rights now and many empty snail shells around so they are doing their job.

In Kelowna you could see if Pet City has Assasin snail. In Vernon AJ Pets has them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there!

Thanks for the response. Yes, I know about the habits of assassin snails - these are for two separate tanks.

I am in and out of Pet City all the time, but they haven't carried snails for a while now. But I do go to Vernon every so often, so I will try AJ Pets. Thanks for the tip! Do you happen to know if AJ Pets carries aquatic plants as well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes AjPets does carry plants I would recommend you call them first to make sure they have a good supply of plants and snails before you make the trip. Ask for Kayla she is the best one to talk to for anything in the store.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have some that i could trade you. I started out with a few and know have a small colony. Five would do it, they are prolific breeders. I am in keremeos and sometimes go out to kelowna.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts