British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the hunt for the following to add in my 142gal communty tank.

african cichlids:
*tanganyikans (tropheous bemba, moliro, duboisi, frontosas. etc.)
*victoria (thick skin)
*peacocks/haps
*taiwan reef.
*compriciceps/calvus(black)

electric blue jack dempsy
clown loaches
red tail shark
petricola cat fishes.
Red ear slider turtle (preferably a baby les than 3")

Pls txt or call me at 778 628 7779 if u have these fishes for sale or if u know anyone who ia selling them.
i would appreciate any help :) cheers!

-michael-

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep.. hahaha recipe for dissaster? but u know if im able ti make it workout then my tank would be gorgeous. but if it doesnt then it could become a nightmare. gotta take chances though :)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
for africans if you take an algae grazer and a meat eater tropheus and frontosa
in the same tank with out a doubt they are hard to feed
petracolas will be a good addition but mine got teratoryal and killed all 5 of my 5'' plus clown loaches
the red tailed shark, the blue jack and the clowns like softer water Africans like hard water
and the africans would most likely kill the blue jd and the red tailed shark
turtles you need flowing objects logs and such
you could do haps fronts and pets
or ebjds , redtailed shark and clown loaches mabie some red severums if you dont minde spending extra

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
haha i have pets had africans same tank and clowns and ebjd and severums same tank

they just dont mix but all are cool fish
growing em up togeth could work but not likely the africans would grow faster as to feeding habits

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holly that is aooo tempting. i kinda wanna have an all tanganyika colony in my 75galinstead of making it into a breding tank. thats so tempting.
Scott thanks for the info bro. i probs wont put a turtle in anymore. but i currently have all 3 lakes mixed in my commnity tank. thwyre all doing awesomw. ill post a vid soon.

·
Registered
615 Posts
RES get huge for. 55g tank. I'm assuming you'll have rocks and driftwood anything else in there that'll make the 55g even "smaller". A different turtle may better suit your tank.

Wait around a bit. Most lfs should getting a bigger variety of turtles in in the next couple months.
Plus, the RES would likely eat most of those fish.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i heard little mud, musk turtle of razor back musk are suitable for community tanks like my idea and they dont get as big as the RES

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.