British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if my old ASUS P4P800 SE motherboard is dead but my desktop doesn't seem to work anymore. Everything powers up, the LED on the motherboard powers up too so I'll say that the power supply is good, but nothing shows up on screen just a blank "no signal". For sure my monitor is working too.

It could also be that my CPU is dead as well not 100% sure, I don't have any spare parts to check.

If anyone has a simular cheap motherboard for sale or an extra one lying around that I could use to test with let me know.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Does it power on? If it does it's probably your CPU. If it doesn't, it's likely your mainboard.

I ESD'd my mainboard, it wouldn't power on, I just unplugged the main power pin plug, and removed and replugged my cpu and power back on and it powered on fine afterwards.

No bios system beeps either eh?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Could be the onboard Video card....find a cheap pci video card.

There's a bottle recycle place on 5rd and steveton hwy (beside Karmac). There's quite a number of old PC's that gets dropped off there you can salvage. Not sure if they will let you grab one and take it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Agreed with Madgicbug. Could be the video source. Not sure how many sticks of ram you have in there but you can take all of them out and put 1 in first to see if it boots.

Try to reset the mobo by either changing the jumpers or removing the battery. Should be done with the power cord removed to drain any excess power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.