British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I'm looking for a pair of kribs. Please PM me if you have a pair available.

Thanks!

·
Registered
327 Posts
i found some on craigslist in kits 2 days ago... she had a bunch from juvies to adults

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I agree with Pat (Mykiss). Franck (Crazy72) has some juveniles that are maturing, and he lives quite near to you. Not sure if he still has the parents.

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Franck (Crazy72) sold the proven pair he had for sale(. Try the person in Kits as mentioned above).

Good luck on the hunt.

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
He sold them already that i know of but no harm on asking :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Thanks for the pointers everyone. Yes I did sell my pair to a forum member. I can give you his user name if you want to make him an offer that he can't refuse :D. PM me if you want that.

I also have some juvies but I'd like to see them grow to adulthood before I sell them. Plus my kids are away for a couple of weeks and they would probably write me off their will if I sold the kribs while they're away.

AtomicPenguin also had some for sale a while back. You could contact them.
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/freshwater-livestock-25/fs-baby-kribensis-ff-baby-swordtails-2186/

And finally, I saw some nicely coloured ones at Aquariums West about 10 days ago.

Ideally, if you want to breed them, it's probably a good idea to get the male and the female from different places, so as to mix the genetic material. That's what I did with my breeding pair.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for all the options.

I have messaged the kits person and if that falls through, I'll check aquariums west.

I was in contact with atomic but their kribs are still to young to sex.

Crazy72, when will your kribs reach adulthood?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Crazy72, when will your kribs reach adulthood?
I don't know. Apparently kribs are slow to grow, and I think I've been underfeeding mine so they're smaller than I read they should be at their age. I've been feeding them more recently (very cute to see their full little tummy), so hopefully they'll catch up. Sorry, I can't really give you a date. I'd say a couple of months maybe, but I'm really not sure. You're welcome to come and have a look at them if you want.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I picked up the kribs from the craigslist ad today. $10 for 2 adults and 2 juvies... 2 pairs. The seller was a biologist and knew her stuff. They were pale during transport, but couloured up NICE once they got in the tank. Very nice fish! She has some left if anyone is interested. Also AtomicPenguin has a bunch of 3-4 month old kribs, somewhere near UBC which is another option, similar price.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darn, I guess you beat me to it. She emailed me saying I could pick them up tonight but I guess first come first serve :p. I wish she would have at least picked up my call to let me know lol.

The search continues!

·
Registered
327 Posts
she had a bunch left... i'm sure there's some for u :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
yup some were, some weren't... a couple of batches i guess.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up picking up a pair from Aq. West. They have very nice coloring for their size. Thanks for the tips everyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.