British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
you can bring them across the border..but i would expect you to be with customs for a very long time..bringing in animals to another country is a long process i hear..

·
Banned
797 Posts
They are easy to get from Bangkok, street price of around $20 for a 5-6 incher. I have a connection there who can ship some over, but it really makes no sense unless you ship over about $800-1000worth of fish. I am not interested in bringing in any fish from Thailand right now. You could bring in other fish yourself and then resell them, but according to forum rules you would then have to come on as a sponsor. Not sure if you are up that. :)

Alternatively, you could ask Canadian Aquatics to maybe use their Thai connections? RTC/TSN/Ripsaw hybrids are widely available in the Chatuchak weekend market.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
thanks Theo for the referral.

But as for now, we are not bringing in anything from Thailand till the problem of Thailand with the government resolves. It is way too easy to lose a shipment.

·
Banned
797 Posts
I don't trust Thai as they are more likely like to run away with your money. Order channa limbata from Thailand and wired the money but never heard from them anymore. They didn't ship me my fish I payed for.
It all depends on who you deal with. I have family friends there who own a pet store. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts