British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am probably looking for the proverbial "needle in the haystack", but April's find of the 10 gal retro tank complete with hood cover and light (see post on April's site) has got me thinking that I would like to put into commission a beautiful stainless tank that I was given by my neighbour. Of course, like most of the old tanks, it is a "leaker" but I have scraped out all of the old silicone, cleaned it up, and it is now ready for a comlete new silicone job.....will be good as new. :bigsmile:
It is not your standard 5 1/2 or 10, but it is quite an unusual size. 16 1/2" long, by 14" wide by 10" high. I am thinking that it is probably somewhere in the neighbourhood of 7 1/2 to 8 gals ?? Anyway, there must have been a hood cover and light originally with this tank, so I am on the search for one. if anyone has anything that would "work", could you please p.m. me. Thanks ....:)

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey George: According to my volume calculator it's 10-US Gallons , that would make a nice nano salt water tank.
Thanks for the calculations Laurie. I always seem to forget the "formula" for calculating gals. or litres :( Whn in doubt, I just go to the hagen tank dimensions site. That cover most of the standard tanks. :)
You are correct, this tank would make an awesome nano salt tank...... BUT.......it will also make an awesome plant tank because of it's shallow depth coupled with with the right lighting.....that is it's "destiny". My plans are to have it as a planted tank.......inhabited by a nice species of plant spawning killies :bigsmile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts