British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I just love this one plant, and would like some more of it. Just unsure what it is. Lol.

Edit: Looking for Rotala Nanjenshan please.

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Would love to have more of this plant.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it might be, but at the same time it looks so much smaller in height, thinner in the leaves but more bushy. Or is it a younger plant?

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I think it's rotala nanjenshen

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that one was a high light plant. Or can it grow low/medium?

From the pictures I have seen it is pretty short in comparison. But I don't know much about it though.XD just my observation.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Nanjenshen grows better in high light. Not well in low and medium light. It is specifically identifiable by its thin leaves and slightly orange crowns in high light and CO2.
Rotala indica has shorter and slightly sider leaves - tends to be reddish in high light. It is argued that Rotala Rotundifolia is the same as Indica but I noticed that Rotundifolia tends to be very bushy and pink at the tips where it is closest to the light.

Not the best picture but this is what Rotala Nanjenshen grew out to look like under high light and CO2 when I kept this plant a couple years ago:

Not a hard plant to find. You'll get some!
Free bump!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All right, then I think in s safe to say this is the plant. XD yay so glad to have an ID on it. XD

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and thanks for the free bump Reckon! XD didn't notice the picture part down. .-.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.