British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have multis in a 125g tank and over 75+ shells. Would take more time than I have to catch a m/f since they're the first to hide in the shell bed. There's always rogue males roaming around the colony. I have a juvie calvus too. Feel fee to PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
A few posters had asked me about buying my multies, I tired to respond but your mailboxes were full. I'm not selling any multies other than the couple of likely rogue males. It would be too disruptive and stressful to the brooding females and colony to break up the shell bed to catch them. You'd have to go through each shell (I have over 70 escargot shells in the shell bed) to figure out if there's a multi in them or not There's no other way in a 6 foot tank. Sorry.

·
Registered
288 Posts
A few posters had asked me about buying my multies, I tired to respond but your mailboxes were full. I'm not selling any multies other than the couple of likely rogue males. It would be too disruptive and stressful to the brooding females and colony to break up the shell bed to catch them. You'd have to go through each shell (I have over 70 escargot shells in the shell bed) to figure out if there's a multi in them or not There's no other way in a 6 foot tank. Sorry.
Sounds like shellies are in high demand and short supply locally.

I have colonies of three different species going now, but always on the search for more.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Wow, always wanted dwarf sumbu's. I asked Charles to bring them in years ago and he said they were too delicate to bring in. Nice find!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Sounds like shellies are in high demand and short supply locally.

I have colonies of three different species going now, but always on the search for more.
When I had the multi's in smaller tanks, I was literally giving them away. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts