British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some more shells for my Lamprologus ocellatus. I picked up some from a LFS yesterday for $2 apiece, but I'm wondering about finding some for a better price. Does anyone have some shells, or know where to get them?

Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves escargot in the shell in Vancouver? Nothing too small, preferably shells the size of a pingpong ball. If I'm going to pay $2 per shell, I'd might as well get a fancy snack out of it! :D

How about fish markets that sell escargot?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Pat (mykiss) sold turbo shells for 1$ I believe. I'm not sure if he has any left though, shoot him a pm :)

Jim

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You can pick up a 2 dozen brand new escargot shells from the Gourmet Warehouse in Vancouver, Clarke Dr & E Hastings. I think that would run for about $18.

If you want to dine on escargot, Walmart had in the freezer section, stuff escargot shells for $8 - I think you get 6 shells after you've emptied the contents?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Forgot to add, the Walmart on Grandview Highway near Boundary Road. I like escargot, but those were gross. The price we pay for our shells. :p

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

Gavin, I'll have to check out the dollar store first. Which Dollarama do you go to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts