British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Due to planting / pruning / general maintenance frustrations, I'm wanting to know what other planters are using or have had great experiences in the past with.

Are there inexpensive stainless steel kits that can be bought from a local retailer / LFS?

I'm essentially looking for these items in the kit to start:

• Straight forceps- around 10-11 in.
  • Curved-tip forceps- around 10-11 in.
  • Straight Scissors- around 10-11 in.
  • Curved-tip scissors- around 10-11 in.

Open to new or used offers from members with hopefully the whole kit but individual tools would be considered too.

Big Als online is my last (but not least) resort. Things that I've gotten shipped to my house seem to go missing when I'm not there to receive. :confused:

On a side note can anybody confirm that these things can also be bought from Bowers Medical Supply in Richmond??

·
Registered
506 Posts
Pat (Mykiss) at Canadian Aquatics has these

·
Registered
505 Posts
I got mine from ebay, one 10 inch straight forceps and one 10 inch curved scissors, 12 bucks shipped for both. I think I also saw the whole set you are looking for on ebay for 20-something, can't remember if that included shipping.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pat (Mykiss) at Canadian Aquatics has these
Will PM Pat. Thanks for the heads up. Do you happen to know his price if you don't mind me asking?

I got mine from ebay, one 10 inch straight forceps and one 10 inch curved scissors, 12 bucks shipped for both. I think I also saw the whole set you are looking for on ebay for 20-something, can't remember if that included shipping.
Yea you find the best deals on ebay. Sadly I've had bad experiences with shipments. Ah the joys of living in Surrey :). A few times I suspected my pick-up notices were swiped too...

·
Registered
780 Posts
You can msg Nicklfire, he's going to look into a group buy.....I'm down for a set I believe he said that he would need thirty or so peeps to commit.

·
Super Moderator
2,108 Posts
I got my 24 inch curved jaw hemostats at the Cloverdale Swap Meet for $25 a couple of months back.
There is someone who is a regular there in the building with the snack bar that sells all kind of first aid stuff.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm hoping that he does another group buy so i can purchase a set. fingers crossed

·
Registered
780 Posts
April's has two set but now one, the set is $45. If you haven't found one call her and ask her to put the last one aside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts