British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I believe that goby is an eretmodus cyanostictus. I have a w/c breeding pair of tanganicodus irsacae "kibishi" if you're interested. Smaller and more active than the eretmodus.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Kibishi is awesome! You should consider them. Beautiful goby!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
I believe that goby is an eretmodus cyanostictus. I have a w/c breeding pair of tanganicodus irsacae "kibishi" if you're interested. Smaller and more active than the eretmodus.
I would be interested in some fry/juvies if you have any, I'll leave first dibs on the pair to the OP

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Wish there were fry/juvies, they are housed in a tank with tropheus, so no survivors. They're constantly holding but you'd have better success stripping them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wish there were fry/juvies, they are housed in a tank with tropheus, so no survivors. They're constantly holding but you'd have better success stripping them.
Darn! Let me know if kjote passes on them, I'm definitely interested, but I'll give him first dibs :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I heard that gobies are difficult to keep because they can be really aggressive. Is that true?

I have one 3 inch male I can part with as my others have coupled up and are breeding now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
they can be aggressive to each other, you'll need a decent size tank with lots of hiding places... best is 1 male 2-3 female... when a couple is formed... take the rest out. or 2 males in a large tank with a few females should be fine as well.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Might try them sometime. 175g should be big enough. I have similar issues with Leleupi

·
Registered
522 Posts
175 gal... you could get away with a small harem(.8-10.) . they are a very cool fish... often come and say hi to me when i'm watching them... not scared at all.... very funny to watch too. colours get better as they get older imo .... the blue dots on mine pop nicely now at their adult stage with nice orange tips with yellow bars... . If I don't sell my other male I may try to get more females and try to pair him up as well. I have enough room for 2 breading couples...

Leleupi.... great fish... but need space.. I have 1 in a tank with White calvus and black Calvus as well as a couple Gnathachromis and he looks awesome and is very peacefull.... but as soon as I add one more leleupi ... Boom... very mean... it's unfortunate for such a pretty fish. they like their space I guess...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts