British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi just just like title states looking for tall plants for my 33 g without co2.

Thanks a bunch

Rocky

Edit: Hi all, I am looking for bushy plants for my tank, trying to make a kickass jungle. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Rocky, I have sunset hygro and a plant that I forgot the name of...both plants do well without C02. Its $5.00 a bunch and I can find the name of the other plant if your interested.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Pics of YOUR product would be much appreciated. Umm seahorse fanatic doesn't the Tonina belem need co2? Because I've seen it in other tanks without co2 and i saw it turning brown

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
I use Metricide, not inject CO2. Dozens of members have seen the plants in my tank & can testify that its green and healthy without injecting CO2 & just dosing Metricide.

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
Good plants that do well without CO2 that grow tall are: Sagittaria subulata (long leafed form), Vallisneria nana, most Hygrophila species, Ludwigia repens 'Rubin', needle leaf Java Fern (and many other variants of this plant), Ammania sp 'Bonsai' and many more. This should give you a good list to think about for the time being.

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
382 Posts
i have some baby red mellon sword plants $5 each. they get really big & bushy, 12" x 12" + big root system... growth rate depends on lighting / environment

·
Registered
230 Posts
Melon sword plants are great. I highly recommend them for med light, no CO2 tanks. I also have some melon swords ($5 each) and a few other clippings I'll throw in.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok I think I may be getting one from Jobber604 but if I want another I will contact both of you. Anyone else. BUSHY PLANTS PLEASE!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
tall and bushy = blyxa auberti

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.