British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a water change hose... moving into a new place in one week... and a water change hose would come in handy.... not to sure what sizes they come in... but tell me what you got... Maple Ridge area plz...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump still looking... probaly not alot people getting rid of these... but worth a shot

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Go to the plumbing section in Rona and grab whatever foot length you need.

If you're looking for the gravel cleaning tube as well check out our sponsor BigAlsOnline. Browse Catalog

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have one available but unfortunately I'm in vancouver. If you can have it for $15 if you can find a way to get it to maple ridge. I'll also accept trades.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx effox... will give that a shot... thats a great idea... if this does not pan out.. still looking...

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
remember to get the hose material, or a more rigid tubing. the cheapeast stuff kinks way to easily. I bought it for my filter without realizing and was only able to keep it on the outtake since the intake would collapse it (thats how pliable the crap is). You may find that a garden hose will work fine, you can always cut off the ends, it'll be probably cheaper than /ft lengths

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What sized tank? For bigger tanks, I like larger ID hoses, faster to get water in and out - something to think about if you go to Rona's.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got back from rona... I got a 60 gal and 72 gal... they set you up with an adapter to the sink... that threads on to it... then you run a clear hose from the sink to the tank... no more lifting heavy 5 gal buckets... worth the 30 bucks.,... exspecially if you have discus... we should run a page on this site with secrets of saving like this... prety sure this one runs alot of money from the pet store

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Waterchanges blows - anything to make it easier and faster.

It's fine to run the clear hose from the sink, how were you planning on siphoning out the water? Bare bottom or gravel?

For my bare bottom tanks, I use this:

Safety Siphon Aquarium Drain

I age my water and use a utility pump to pump water back to my tanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts