British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to buy some shell dwellers (preferably multis) and maybe a group of another species that will coexist (fairly) peacefully with them to put in my newly established 55gal.

Still not 100% sure what I want to do with this tank, so may also be open to other Africans

Located in White Rock

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump! Someone out there must have a colony of shellies that is getting a little large!

Edit: Looking for some cyps and julies as well! Hoping to get this tank set up as a Tanganyikan community tank

·
Registered
560 Posts
If u end up having to go the retail way, Kim at Petland Poco, or Fish Addicts would be worth a phone call. There are shellie breeders on the forum, just have to be patient. Always seems like when u want something, nobody's got it. And when your not looking, they are every where.......

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If u end up having to go the retail way, Kim at Petland Poco, or Fish Addicts would be worth a phone call. There are shellie breeders on the forum, just have to be patient. Always seems like when u want something, nobody's got it. And when your not looking, they are every where.......
I've been into Fish Addicts, but I was hoping to find some from a breeder or someone who keeps them at a bit of a lower price. Searching the forum, I've seen past posts of people selling them, so I'm hoping someone with a colony will pop up, and be willing to part with at least a few

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been into Fish Addicts, but I was hoping to find some from a breeder or someone who keeps them at a bit of a lower price. Searching the forum, I've seen past posts of people selling them, so I'm hoping someone with a colony will pop up, and be willing to part with at least a few
Eric at Fish Addicts keeps a quality stock. TBH I would go with him. Can't go wrong with Eric and African Cichlids.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Downside with colonies are that juveniles end up interbreeding and weakening offspring over time. Might be worth considering spending a few more $ from a pets hop to start up a strong parent group

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Downside with colonies are that juveniles end up interbreeding and weakening offspring over time. Might be worth considering spending a few more $ from a pets hop to start up a strong parent group
Was planning to assemble the group in my tank with fish from more than one source in hopes of avoiding that problem

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah that would help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts