British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get live food for my spiney eel and BGK from in surrey? they are currently on frozen bloodworms but the nutrition is insufficient in the long run.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh wow really earthworms from your yard? do you guys have a way of quarantining them or do you just throw em in fresh after cleaning off the dirt, and how would i store a bunch of them without them dieing or becoming infected with something

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Compost, or you can get kits for the red wrigglers... Its awesome when the worm makes it to the bottom and burrows into the gravel... You can see how efficient a BGK is at hunting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow im going to try that with earthworms from my garden today, anything thats free im willing to give it a shot haha food can be a bit pricey for these guys

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Mine is on earthworm pellets but I try to give him live ones when I find them as a treat

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the eel nor the bgk touched the earthworms lol, i have tried the carnivore pellets and dropped them in after i turnt out the lights. I didnt see any pellets on the substrate in the morning so i assumed they were consumed

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
That's odd.. Make sure you break the worms into smaller pieces so they don't choke on them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh i just threw them in there now since i assumed my 10 inch python spiney eel ( macrognathus tapirus) would take interest in them, i recently got him and cant get it to eat anything recommended so far, atleast the BGK and half banded spiney eel eat frozen bloodworms

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im thinking of using an automatic feeder for the python eel to eat carnivore pellets (the lfs guy said it was trained to take them) maybe this will work better than me going in at night to drop them in and reduce stress

1 - 15 of 15 Posts