British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Nice!! What's the height, 18"? I say Dragon stone, stauro carpet, hygrophila pinnatifida, and maybe reineckii alternanthera or reineckii mini

Reactions: mysticalnet

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Height is only 14.5" yes I think dragon stone would be nice too, what do you think of manten? Hygrophilia pinnafitida looks good too! Haven't had it in my tanks before though, maybe I should look into it :)

Also thought of stauro carpet or UG carpet.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I recall manten is a bluer stone so will be a nice contrast with UG. I haven't seen a really nice UG carpet in the lower mainland. It'll be nice to see you get something like that going. UG is grasslike so your contrasting plants should have rounder leaves though? At least that's how I've been trying to aquascape.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recall manten is a bluer stone so will be a nice contrast with UG. I haven't seen a really nice UG carpet in the lower mainland. It'll be nice to see you get something like that going. UG is grasslike so your contrasting plants should have rounder leaves though? At least that's how I've been trying to aquascape.
Yes I think manten is slightly bluer. I've tried UG once but I failed, but I blame that on my CO2, it was actually leaking at that time and didn't pump much into the tank. Hmm what round leaf plant do you think? Not too many round leafed plants around, all I can think of is super red ludwigia I got from you, and even those leaves are not very round.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I've got about 12 lbs left of Dragon stone if you are interested. Let me know and I can send you some pics. Bought some hoping to use it but decided against it. Can't find any in Canada so I had to import.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reckon

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
By the way I'm loving the look of that custom tank. I'm running a redsea reefer 250 for my very lightly planted tank. Love how clean it looks

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Bacopa caroliniana is a nice round leaf stem plant that is readily available.
Also, Hemianthus micranthemoides or Micranthemum umbrosum?

Or just Anubias or Hydrocotyle Japan.

I dunno. I always thought UG is best used in Iwagumi scapes. Just UG and rocks, maybe a couple mid ground plants at the base of the rocks.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where did you get your 3' star fire tank? I'm looking to do a 5.5-6' one next summer
Dave of Concept Aquariums in Alberta, he partners up with king eds, I got a quote from Dave then I go to King Eds and pay, Dave sells the tank to King Eds for whole sale price, King Eds earns the difference between what I pay vs. Whole sale price.

Then when Dave ships all tanks together to king eds, I go pick up tank at King eds. Convenient and simple. Win win for everyone.
Where did you get your 3' star fire tank? I'm looking to do a 5.5-6' one next summer

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Yeah probably some savings for shipping but more importantly for me would be that KE would handle the transaction for you. Dealing with issues on your own for tank deliveries are a pita.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It was not cheap at $265. But compared to the ADA ones, lots of savings for the same quality.

dope. im thinkin of gettin a custom size too. whats the dimensions? ill prolly go get a quote on a 40"x15"x15" next time i come to king eds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts