British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gathering baseball gloves to take to children and teens in the Dominican Republic. Baseball is huge in the Dominican Republic and there are kids there who play it using things like cardboard or milk cartons as gloves because they live in poverty and can't afford real gloves. I've seen families playing baseball on the beach using driftwood as bats, coconuts as balls, and seaweed as bases. I gave it a try myself and the coconuts go pretty far if you give them a good crack!

I'm only looking for real leather gloves as plastic ones fall apart and aren't worth taking there. I'm looking for tee-ball size up to adult size. I will be cleaning, conditioning, and re-stringing any gloves that need it done.

If anybody has any old gloves that they no longer need and would like to donate them, that would be great!

I'm also happy to pay for gloves, but don't want to pay a lot of money:

- for small children's gloves I'll pay up to $5.
- for medium to adult size I'll pay up to $10.
- if there's good brand name adult gloves that are in fantastic condition, I would be willing to pay a little more.

I've been looking for gloves at Value Village, various thrift shops, Craigslist, and I plan on going to lots of garage sales once they start happening. I've also been asking friends and family who play or coach to ask around when the ball season starts.

So far I've got 9 gloves (2 aren't pictured because I still have to climb up into my garage rafters to get them):

Thanks for reading :)

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
That's super nice of you Pamela. I don't have any but if I see any on CL or elsewhere I'll keep you in mind and try to snag them for the kids in the DR.

Cheers,

Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's super nice of you Pamela. I don't have any but if I see any on CL or elsewhere I'll keep you in mind and try to snag them for the kids in the DR.

Cheers,

Anthony
That would be awesome, thanks Anthony!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts