Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have setup a 30 gallon long tank (3ft) at my son's school. The tank has already cycled and am looking for some low light plants. The tank was setup by contributing what we had in surplus or could spare. Someone gave the tank, other filter, gravel etc. It is not a high tech tank and will have T5 lighting and occasional liquid CO2 in the form of Flourish excel. I am therefore looking for low light plants like Val, swords, Water wisteria, Java fern and other easy to grow plants.

If you have any that you want to give away please contact/text me on my Cell 778 233 9372.
Your contribution will be highly appreciated. Its for a good cause.

Thanks
Rajesh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just a suggestion, but Flourish Excel could get quite pricey for a tank of that size. Using small amounts, I'd be skeptical of the benefits. If you're going with low light plants, maybe Excel / CO2 isn't necessary at all.

If you want to inject carbon, two alternatives would be:

1) DIY yeast CO2 (implements some science, but will need more maintenance)

2) "DIY Excel" : Excel is just diluted gluteraldehyde, sold as Metricide in Canada. You can buy it in Richmond I believe. See this post: http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/planted-tank-specific-13/metricide-6202/

Option 2 will save you a lot of money over Flourish Excel. I believe the ratio of water:Metricide is 1:1 to dilute it. Or just dose half of what you would for Excel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.