British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a small piece of live rock with live coraline algae to start my coralline culture. I do not need a big one I just need a piece under a pound.
I am willing to pay for it. I already checked JLAquatics but was told by one of the staff that their live rocks are mostly painted purple not a true coralline algae.
I live in North Burnaby Area. So, I am looking for somewhere closer to my area.

Purple Pink Cuisine Violet Plant

Thanks,
Eric

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,361 Posts
shoot i just shut down over 200 pounds. its in the back yard now lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don’t know how old your tank is or not but if you have any live rock in there already eventually the coraline will just show up on its own and eventually you will be annoyed once ur scraping it off the glass lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t know how old your tank is or not but if you have any live rock in there already eventually the coraline will just show up on its own and eventually you will be annoyed once ur scraping it off the glass lol
My saltwater tank is about 3 months old. I only have live sand and dry rocks to start. I need the coralline algae spores to start culturing. I have purple up coralline algae accelerator but needs live coralline algae or spores to seeded.

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,361 Posts

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,361 Posts
Yah, I think that what I will do just wait. Thanks for the advised.
i tried to post a link. but a company makes a product called purple up as well as many others that make starters in a bottle

Reactions: EnricoG

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't spare any live rock (don't have much) but I can scrape some off for you and catch the spores with a syringe and give it to you in a test tube. No $$$ needed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure, that will be great! let me know when to pick it up. I live in North Burnaby close to PNE.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again for the Coralline spores, red blade macro algae, and the Kenya corals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
no problem! cheers for coffee 😁 thanks for the tips too, I think I'm gonna do a run to JL to pick up some kalkwasser, the green slimer is melting, it's sad to watch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts