British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my betta angry. This is what i got as soon as I moved this guy from his nice big 5g to a 2g so my other plakat could have some time in the 5g

my other plakat. his real color is a light metallic blue but is hard to catch on camera

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaah wow crazy stuff! I just went to check on him for the first time since moving him and he's built this within an hour of being moved. I think he can see a shadow of my other male on the other side so maybe he thinks he's going to get lucky? lol

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
My Thai silk was the other way around. When he outgrew his 29g, I put him in a 55g tank. He didn't eat for 3 weeks. Just stayed in the back.
just can't help but be curios about a beta out growing a 29g....

very nice pics of a pissed betta.

·
Registered
280 Posts
lol thats one nice mad betta

my original male also started building a nest after I added another male (in a breeding trap) :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol this fish is nuts! i might have to move him back to the 5g :( He hasn't stopped flaring since I moved him and hes wrecking his tail by flaring so much :(

His nest has tripled over night and it's really thick now.

·
Registered
280 Posts
get him a female :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awwe I really wish I could :( a lot of work/time envolved with breeding/raising bettas and I don't think I've got it in me to do it :(

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol monster bettas would be sweet!!!! imagine a betta the size of a flowerhorn , i wish they existed

I switched the plakats back to their orginal tanks and I think the other guy is confused on why he has a massive bubble nest in his tank now lolol

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
lol monster bettas would be sweet!!!! imagine a betta the size of a flowerhorn , i wish they existed

I switched the plakats back to their orginal tanks and I think the other guy is confused on why he has a massive bubble nest in his tank now lolol
Oh that would be a funny thing to see indeed.

Bettas are crazy fish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts