British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
did u end up with the puffer u wanted?...think it was you who wanted to trade a small puffer for someone's big puffer...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey Johnny maybe you could give me some advice :)

I have a extra 10g plus I have a 30g that's going to be the sump for the puffers tank. I was planning on using the 10g and maybe sections of the sump as a snail farm for the puffers food.

Do you grow your own food? What do you grow? What type of snails would be a good choice?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have a extra 10g plus I have a 30g that's going to be the sump for the puffers tank. I was planning on using the 10g and maybe sections of the sump as a snail farm for the puffers food.

Do you grow your own food? What do you grow? What type of snails would be a good choice?
ramhorns snail and spinach they will breed like rabbits

·
Registered
348 Posts
^

Ya? is that what you mainly feed your Fahaka?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i feed just clam meat for now . when he gets a little bigger prawns and clams in the shell

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

I wouldn't put the snails in the sump anywhere, they will find their way into main tank more than likely then you won't get a population going. Also the baby snails would most likely get sucked into the main tank. I would just setup a seperate tank for snails.

no i feed just clam meat for now . when he gets a little bigger prawns and clams in the shell
Don't take the clam outta the shell, just open it up. Then he will be able to scrape his beak still on the shell when pulling off the meat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts