British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright people, it's time for another contest!

For the entire month of March anybody who makes a new post on http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/memb...-showroom-bca-members-aquarium-setup-s-36405/ will automatically be entered into a draw. Your tank is not being judged or voted on, this contest is a random draw. Your post must be done using the guidelines and template (copy & paste it) provided in post #1 of that thread, but of course you can leave out any headings that don't pertain to your tank. This is what it looks like:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
THEME (Type of biotope): South American Biotope/Southeast Asia/African Cichlid/Monster fish/No theme/Saltwater/Reefers

TANK START DATE:
TANK RETIREMENT DATE:

SETUP:

• Tank (dimensions):
  • Tank (gallons):
  • Substrate:
  • Filtration:
  • Filter Media:
  • Lighting:
  • Hours of Lighting:
  • Heater:
  • Powerhead:
  • Controllers/Monitors:
  • Air pump/Oxygen Supply:

PARAMETERS:

• pH:
  • GH:
  • KH:
  • Temp.:

FAUNA(Fish):

• Current residents:
  • Former residents:

FLORA(Plants):

FURNISHINGS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (if applicable):

• Frequency of Water Changes:
  • % Water change:
  • Dosing:
  • Estimated cost of setup (not including livestock):
  • Estimate weekly maintenance time spent:
  • pH from the tap:
  • "Tank influences/inspirations":
  • "Special Thanks":
  • Breeding success stories:
  • Fish purchased from:Equipment and supplies purchased from:
  • Aquatic plants purchased from:
  • Type of food you feed your fish:
  • Water test kit used:

LINKS TO YOUR BCA TANK JOURNAL(S), PHOTO GALLERY(S), YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

MOST RECENT PICTURE OF TANK SETUP

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules:

- anybody who wants to can enter this contest (except me :p)

- there's no minimum post count required to enter, brand new BCA members are welcome to enter.

- only the names of people who make new posts on http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/memb...-showroom-bca-members-aquarium-setup-s-36405/ during March 2014 will be entered, so if you made a post a couple months ago you won't be entered into the contest ...sorry.

- your name will be entered once for each tank that you post. That means if you post descriptions & photos of 3 tanks = your name will be entered 3 times into the draw.

- it's okay to post old tanks of yours that are no longer running.

- you can only post your own tank(s). No posting your dentist's tank please :rolleyes:

- posts must be made before midnight of Monday March 31st, 2014 to be eligible to be entered into this draw.

- the names of the 2 winners will be announced at 10:00am on Tuesday April 1st, 2014

Prizes:

$50 gift certificate for Fantasy Aquatics
$25 gift certificate for any BCAquaria Sponsor (donated by Petguide.com)

Do not post your tanks on this thread ...post them on http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/memb...-showroom-bca-members-aquarium-setup-s-36405/ .

A great big thank you to Fantasy Aquatics and Petguide.com for their generous prize donations!

Names being entered in draw:

Reckon x 2
niteshift
Fish rookie x 3
nigerian prince
AKAmikeross
UnderseaGal
Sidius
Kimrocks
crimper
FGM x 3
jhj0112 x 4
bigfry
greefin
rwong2k10
kacairns x 7
Dawna x 4
Bobsidd x 3
shift
Rockman x 3
randylahey
Jay2x
TomC x 2
Nicole x 7
Moloto x 5

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thank you to Pamela for setting up another contest and the sponsors that make it possible...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops, I just realized that I forgot to give a shout out to jobber as well for creating the SHOW-AND-TELL MAIN SHOWROOM thread in the first place! It was a really great idea for a thread, thanks jobber :D

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Bare bottom is fine :)
Thanks...my barebottom tank is very ugly my wife keeps asking me when I can finish growing out those darn discus. It is sitting in the middle of our living room right now. LOL. People who visit us are like, "hmmm why isn't there anything inside?"

Thanks for taking so much of your time to make this a more fun place for all of us to "hang out." I cannot wait to see the tank shots. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Keep in mind it has nothing to do with how good the tank looks or how high tech or low tech it is. Every new tank post gets an entry. So don't be afraid to post yours. Nobody is judging anything here ....we all had to start somewhere. This is more about being active in our wonderful community :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
..can I post an empty tank too? LOL

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You might consider having a limit on the number of tanks per individual. Some people here have 20 or 30 tanks, giving them a distinct advantage.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Should there be a minimum amount of the time the tank has to be running for? Or else the same tank could just be setup and dismantled quickly multiple times by just rearranging some decor and moving some fish around and calling it a different theme.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
..can I post an empty tank too? LOL
No empty tanks! It's gotta have something in it :rolleyes:

You might consider having a limit on the number of tanks per individual. Some people here have 20 or 30 tanks, giving them a distinct advantage.
I was trying to keep this contest with as few rules as possible.

If somebody has 20 different tanks that they're proud of, that they want to take the time to write a proper detailed description of & post photo(s) of each one then they deserve to be entered 20 times. The whole idea of this contest is to get members of this community sharing their set-ups ...it serves as an inspiration to others and helps us all to learn new things.

If it seems that somebody is grossly abusing the right to have multiple entries (eg. posts 17 different tanks with extremely incomplete descriptions and photos where it's impossible to even tell that they're different tanks) we moderators can review the situation and do what we deem necessary to keep the integrity of the contest.

If people feel that they are at disadvantage because they only have one or two tanks running they are welcome to post photos of past tanks they've had. As an example I only have 2 tanks running right now, but I have old photos and remember the info from at least 15 other tanks I've had (I used to keep a fish journal to help keep track of everything). Would I post all 15 of those tanks ...no, in hindsight some of them I'm not crazy about but I would post a handful of them.

Remember, it's luck of the draw, you only need your name entered once to have a shot at winning :).

Should there be a minimum amount of the time the tank has to be running for? Or else the same tank could just be setup and dismantled quickly multiple times by just rearranging some decor and moving some fish around and calling it a different theme.
Some things have to be done on good faith. If somebody is going to go through an elaborate hoax of re-arranging their tank multiple times to look like different tanks, that's their choice. It seems like a lot of work to go through though. I like to thing that Karma has a way of keeping cheaters from winning :D.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Since there doesn't seem to be many rules and multiple entries allowed I have two questions.

Can I repost my tank on that thread since its already there prior to this contest and also how many sumps can I enter? Do they have to be still running or can I take pictures of my sump as it was months ago? Looking forward to response, got 6 entries ready to go!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts