British Columbia Aquariums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
kacairns i see your dilemma , its not against the rules but is it in good taste haha

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Since there doesn't seem to be many rules and multiple entries allowed I have two questions.

Can I repost my tank on that thread since its already there prior to this contest and also how many sumps can I enter? Do they have to be still running or can I take pictures of my sump as it was months ago? Looking forward to response, got 6 entries ready to go!
Sorry for the slow reply, I was in San Diego, Phoenix, & Las Vegas and was only on the site for a couple very quick visits this past week.

To be eligible for the draw you can't repost the same tank unless you have drastically changed it. By drastic I mean new livestock, new decor, new substrate. For example if somebody has changed their African cichlid tank into a planted tetra tank, or if somebody has changed their goldfish tank into a reef tank, then yes they may post it and be entered in this contest.

Sumps ...really Kevin, I feel that this was an unnecessary comment. You know darn well that sumps are not in keeping with the spirit of the Show Room thread.

If you feel that the decision to run this contest with minimal rules was a poor one and you can do better you are more than welcome to come up with an idea for the next contest, write a thorough description of it, and make a bunch of rules for it. You can then forward it to myself or another mod of your choice and we will post it in the staff room and decide if we'd like to run with it.

My new tank is up and running! I've posted some updated pics and created an entry in the showroom :)
I've added your name to the list of names entered into the draw. Your tank is beautiful, I love the lay out of it!

13 days left to post your set-up on http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/memb...-showroom-bca-members-aquarium-setup-s-36405/ to be entered in the draw.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply, I was in San Diego, Phoenix, & Las Vegas and was only on the site for a couple very quick visits this past week.

To be eligible for the draw you can't repost the same tank unless you have drastically changed it. By drastic I mean new livestock, new decor, new substrate. For example if somebody has changed their African cichlid tank into a planted tetra tank, or if somebody has changed their goldfish tank into a reef tank, then yes they may post it and be entered in this contest.

Sumps ...really Kevin, I feel that this was an unnecessary comment. You know darn well that sumps are not in keeping with the spirit of the Show Room thread.

If you feel that the decision to run this contest with minimal rules was a poor one and you can do better you are more than welcome to come up with an idea for the next contest, write a thorough description of it, and make a bunch of rules for it. You can then forward it to myself or another mod of your choice and we will post it in the staff room and decide if we'd like to run with it.

I've added your name to the list of names entered into the draw. Your tank is beautiful, I love the lay out of it!

13 days left to post your set-up on http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/memb...-showroom-bca-members-aquarium-setup-s-36405/ to be entered in the draw.
I highly disagree with you that sumps aren't keeping with the spirit of the Show Room thread. Some people have complete eco-systems in their sumps, some people like Anthony have frags, live rock, even fish in his sump and the size of the sump is bigger then most peoples tanks! Under direction from legal counsel I withdraw my request for clarification on the rules and will refrain from coming up with a idea for the next contest as you've requested upon my counsels request. Hopefully you can continue to enjoy being back from holidays as it appears you have taken a heavy heart to my light hearted comments.

Also just for my own if previously setup tanks that are listed on the thread aren't allowed to be posted, how come tanks that have been setup that haven't been posted are allowed?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
No need for sarcasm. Let's just chill.

We'll be more specific next time if the need be. Pamela deliberately kept it vague so again, almost anyone had a good shot at winning a prize, I think that's a very kind thing of her to do.

Again, if you have a "show room" tank, then enter, if not, don't this time around. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
good luck to all the contestants :)

I want to enter too, but I don't have any running tanks at the moment, so I cant participate.

·
Registered
674 Posts
No need for sarcasm. Let's just chill.

We'll be more specific next time if the need be. Pamela deliberately kept it vague so again, almost anyone had a good shot at winning a prize, I think that's a very kind thing of her to do.

Again, if you have a "show room" tank, then enter, if not, don't this time around. Simple as that.
I need help D: I entered my old fluval chi into the showcase thread but I look back at it and I don't seem to like it. I didn't fancy it and placed enough effort into it to be under the showcase thread. It is not one of my "show room" tank.

I don't see a delete button (or i just dont know how) and the edit is bugged for me. Is it possible for one of you mods to delete it? I kind of like the idea that the showcase thread has pictures of people putting lots of effort into their hobby, enough that they are willing to showcase it.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I need help D: I entered my old fluval chi into the showcase thread but I look back at it and I don't seem to like it. I didn't fancy it and placed enough effort into it to be under the showcase thread. It is not one of my "show room" tank.

I don't see a delete button (or i just dont know how) and the edit is bugged for me. Is it possible for one of you mods to delete it? I kind of like the idea that the showcase thread has pictures of people putting lots of effort into their hobby, enough that they are willing to showcase it.
Done and done.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
So I am sad I didn't have time to participate in this contest. When I return from vacation I will upload to the show thread I promise!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
So I am sad I didn't have time to participate in this contest. When I return from vacation I will upload to the show thread I promise!
There must be an internet hotspot somewhere you are vacationing :)

Deadline isn't until next week, the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
It's midnight which means the entry phase of this contest is closed, post #80 will be the last one eligible to be entered into the draw.

I updated the list of names for the draw, but I will double check it tomorrow morning to make sure I didn't mess up because I'm pretty tired right now.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts