British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off i have to say that im new here and i absolutely love this site.

I recently purchased a 225 gallon tank plus the stand, canopy, 2 rena xp3 canister filters, and an eheim jager 300 watt heater as a package deal from petland on fraser highway in langley. Mike from petland has been great! Even gave me a free delivery once i had paid the tank off completely!

image.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous? But i digress, this post is about my new aquarium. There it is, still in petland langley right before mike delivered it to me for free.

image.jpg

Finally at home!

image.jpg

It took an hour and a half to fill this sucker up!

After i filled it up completely i cleaned out the fluval 306 in the new tank to seed the new filters and then left it overnight.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Great tank! Though I see that back wall does have more space available... :D

Good luck with the new setup. Always the most exciting part of the process for me.

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The next morning i put clarence the clarias in the tank.
image.jpg
Hes a 2 foot long male clarias batrachus "walking catfish" whom i promptly renamed carlos. Thanks to johnnybravo for the wonderful fish!
image.jpg
The next day i put in a wonderful piece of driftwood from "skinny" thank you i love it! Plus my 1 year old clarias female ive named ms. Piggy.

The day after that i added a 3' led light with a lunar setting, my 6" endlechiri bicher, a convict cichlid pair, and a jewel cichlid pair.
image.jpg

A couple days after that i bought another piece of driftwood from "adz1" thank you! I love it.
image.jpg

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please tell me you're going to put about 20 Discus in this tank?!?! Lol Beautiful setup! I've been dreaming of one just like it for years now... What are you planning on stocking it with?
Thanks! Haha, no discus. They are beautiful fish though.

My current stock list is -
2 walking catfish
4 convict cichlids
1 rainbow shark
10 jewel cichlids
3 Raphael catfish
2 common sail fin Plecos
1 endlechiri Bichir
1 Senegal Bichir
2 black tiger Oscar cichlids (Thanks "Jinsen")
1 tire track eel

I have one clown knife fish and one black ghost knife I'm planning on putting in the tank as soon as they grow a little more.

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great. Should consider putting a background on such a beautiful setup though.
Ive commissioned my girlfriend to paint a canvas the size of the tank that im going to hang behind it. Ive decided on this because its easy to paint over should i change my mind, and not permanent on the glass.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a roll of 32" high tropical lake background scenery if you want to go that route. Originally planned to use it on my tank but painted it black instead! I will let you have it for the low low price of $8.00.

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a roll of 32" high tropical lake background scenery if you want to go that route. Originally planned to use it on my tank but painted it black instead! I will let you have it for the low low price of $8.00.
How long is it? My ank is 6' long, 2' deep, and 3' high.

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
image.jpg

Carlos the 2' clarias catfish decided he has a better decorating eye than i do so he changed the setup slightly.

·
Banned
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
image.jpg

Whenever the clarias' surface for air, they do about a 30 second dance before settling on a cuddle spot.
Is anyone familiar with the breeding habits of the clarias batrachus? I know my female is only just too young, but they seem to have paired up.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
nice tank it could use my arow though

1 - 20 of 42 Posts