British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mbunas are flashing, they seem to be scratching their gills and side on the sand substrate. No ich, velvet, white poop, clamped fins, PH 8.3, nitrite and ammonia 0ppm. I have treated with Jungle parasite clear once, do I maybe need to treat at a higher dose? Or is there something else it could be? All input appreciated.

Brittany

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Are they eating??

Don't go adding more chemicals, alot of problems with fish can be fixed with a simple raise of temp and some salt or epsom salts. All depends on what the problem is. Are you sure they are not mating?

·
Registered
925 Posts
How are you keeping the PH @ 8.3??
I would check a couple of other parameters as well.
Nitrates, KH & GH
Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I use a marine buffer to maintain the Ph and they eat like leetle pigs. The temp is 82 F and they are not breathing heavy. Ill check those 3 water parameters when I can get a sample to the lfs, I dont have those test kits here yet. And they are not vibrating at one another so Im pretty sure they are not mating.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is life bearer the best to get rid of flukes? I have stuff that says it gets rid of flukes, Jungle parasite clear and quick cure, If you think that I should use this life bearer stuff instead let me know

·
Registered
463 Posts
AP Life Bearer is a strong med and only require two treatments against flukes.....AP Quick Cure(formalin & machilite green) is good of getting rid of ich and mild flukes.......Jungle Parasite Clear has praziquantel and also good to treat flukes but I like using prazi in pure form for medicating fish....just my 2 cents:)

Is life bearer the best to get rid of flukes? I have stuff that says it gets rid of flukes, Jungle parasite clear and quick cure, If you think that I should use this life bearer stuff instead let me know

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AP Life Bearer is a strong med and only require two treatments against flukes.....AP Quick Cure(formalin & machilite green) is good of getting rid of ich and mild flukes.......Jungle Parasite Clear has praziquantel and also good to treat flukes but I like using prazi in pure form for medicating fish....just my 2 cents:)
ok thank you

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought some hikari prazi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts