British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To make a long story short - for some reason I was drawn to the spca last thur. I couldn't stop thinking about Kimo, and finally said out loud OK I will go. So up I go and speak to them about seeing the dogs, they only have 2 in, but will be getting 7 more in (so sad in some ways) so I go out to look, the first one didn't come out at all, but the second one - Daisy came out before I said her name, I was reading the info on her and out she bolts, I bent down, starting petting her & that day I came home with her.

She is so loved, and gives us so much love back. I had NO idea I would be adopting another dog, let alone this quick, but I believe everything happens for a reason.

Kimo's sudden passing, telling me to go that day, and him knowing that there was another dog who needed us, as much as he needed us when we first got him. Such a smart boy! We still miss him greatly, and he is with us all the time, but now we know why and he most certainly aproves of her b/c I had NO plans of going up there at all.

As I said she is aprox 6 months old. On the card there they said shepard/rottie X. A few ppl have suggested doberman, so we really don't know but would love to hear thoughts from everyone here. She hasn't had a great first 6months, we are her 3rd home in the 6 months. She was originally from Kitimat, then down here, someone adopted her out for 2 months brought her back, for various reasons - NONE of which we have seen.

So here is a couple of shots of her. I just used my iphone mostly b/c she won't sit still.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
She looks soo cute, yeah i think she got some doberman on her, my dog is german x rotti and i think he got husky too and looks so diferent

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
nice doggy. yeah she has shepherd..you can see the ticking in the hair in the pic from above. should be a great pet. most dogs bad behaviour comes from not enough time spent with them..im sure she will get plenty.
ill bring you a baby shower gift for her next time i come out. : )

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Congrats Kim

I'm sure your family will give her all the love she needs
as she will return the love to you and yours :)

H

·
0 Posts
she is absolutely beautiful, a dog you want to give a hug to :) and the picture of her in jail and then pictures of her lounging about, that is so nice ... congratulations on your new furry friend :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'd say she is mostly, if not all doberman. There may be something like lab in there with the facial shape , but that may become more"pointed" as she matures.
She's definitely a beautiful pup.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd say she is mostly, if not all doberman. There may be something like lab in there with the facial shape , but that may become more"pointed" as she matures.
She's definitely a beautiful pup.
Good to know Dave, April said the same thing when she first saw pics of her and she should know!!! And when Tom went to take her for a walk on the dike, alot of ppl there said she was dobie, and that she was gonna be one heck of a big dog LOL - he replied, "thats OK we are used to big dogs".

She is beautiful and starting to trust us, still afraid of the guys a bit, but with me and my daughter she is just fine. Apparantly she has had 2 "accidents" each morning after I leave for work, but thats OK as she has taken to me the most.

Thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Kim,

Congrats on the new family member, I'm certain that you'll all enjoy her. My parents have been adopting from the SPCA for years, They have have enjoyed every dog they have had from there. More recently they have taken to adopting greyhounds. They even drive to to Everite every so often to assist with the dogs that arrive at the rescue shelter from the racing tracks.

I am confident that Daisy has found a great family for the rest of her life. As for the breed, we'll all have a better idea when she matures

Steve

1 - 20 of 39 Posts