British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)I am going to buy Metricide 14 on Friday from Bowers Medical Supply and as It comes in a 4.5 liter jug for $20 which is much more than I want (or could use) I was wondering if anyone else would like to share this with me. It could be shared 4 ways, 1 ltr each. If interested let me know. Yes Lisa I know throw away the activator,:p LOL
For those who dont know it is supposed to get rid of algea on plants. Wont harm the fish.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm up for it.. I need to kill a tonne of bba on some driftwood!

I'll be out of town until sat.. With limited Internet access...

Jeff

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I will also take some, I am in richmond and can meet you at bowers call me if you want 604-618-6775

cheers Chris

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Bowers runs a banner on on BCA, not sure if you knew that. Tell them you saw the ad on BCA and maybe they will give additional discount?? lol worth a shot

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did mention to them about their ad on BCA when I phoned but didn't think to ask if there would be a discount. :eek: Next time.:D

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
its a medical grade disinfectant, that is glutaraldehyde, which many plants can use as a carbon source. It doubles as an algaecide because simple plant forms (algae, pelia, val's) die from it.

So for small tanks, it can be used for a complete substitute for co2, or even large tanks (ibenu's 200+ gallon). Carbon sources are needed because it takes Light, nutrients and carbon to get lush growth. Also your goal is to provide enough carbon and nutrients that light will be the limiting factor on plant growth.

the BBA thread thats stickied will explain more about its use to battle algae :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts