British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a juvie pearl gourami, hoping its female but its probably too early to tell. I want to put it in with my adult pair but I'm unsure if it will get beat up or ignored... If it is a male would it be dangerous to put it in with an adult male or would it only be an issue when mature?

The little fella is in quarantine right now and im looking for opinions before I try it. Might have to just put it in and monitor the situation.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I usually make sure the original fish are well fed, have the net ready, and maybe turn off the lights before I add a fish in your situation. Maybe have a mirror handy so the adult male would be distracted by his own reflection instead of chasing the new fish.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't thought about a mirror, sounds like a good trick. Thank you. The juvie was pretty thin when I got her from the shop but after some heavy feeding shes starting to fatten up and I'm becoming more confident that it is a female. Im a lot less concerned about fighting now. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.