British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets say working Bettamania has given me a serious case of the bettas...I have bought 8m+4f at this moment, will start a breeding project soon (planning four 5 gallons for pairs and a 10-20 gallon for holding/growout), will update when I find the time to get to king eds for supplies :bigsmile:

Pictures:

Cory, the grumpy frumpy old man:

Most recent: A white crowntail with a blue sheen?

And my personal favourite: King Kazma. I spotted him right away while getting the shipment of bettas into the bowls. For the first week he was always on his side struglling, very happy that he made it...to my house :D

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
That's not fair Bobby, you work there... Grabbing all the best ones for yourself :p lol

That dragon scale is gorgeous.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
No wonder I didnt see too many nice males when I went there on Thursday. I gotta find a job there. Are u guys still hiring? Lol

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heehee, sorry guys, I can't help it! :bigsmile:

Its time to get the ball rolling, small setback, my stands bottom part does not fit the tanks properly. I need until tonight to get the car and head out to RONA for a board and some wedges.

(I dont know why the first one is upsidedown...)
20131030_210338.jpg
20131031_134036.jpg

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Lol... Your mom hasn't kicked you out yet? Thought you weren't allowed any more tanks lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Heehee...I am pushing it :) Went out to RONA and got some wood.

When I was setting up the planks I knocked out a hose on my aquanova canister for my seventy gallon. BIG MESS. I was annoyed, my parents annoyed, and oh my goodness such a waste of time. Not to mention when I was trying to turn it on and prime it I did not realize that I had put the lid incorrectly! PMO :mad: At least its done now...

Lock and load!

20131031_220649.jpg
20131031_220636.jpg

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
(7) White CT (m)x Red CT (f)
(6) White Delta (m) x Blue LF (f)
(4) Red/Orange HM (m) x Red Wild type (f)
(2) White Red Rim HM (m) x White Red Tail CT (f)

Sounds good? :bigsmile:

20131031_233003.jpg 20131102_195706.jpg 20131102_195742.jpg 20131102_195747.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

Was having trouble getting the males interested. None of them bubbled. I added another male in a clear container into each tank to entice them to bubble, kinda worked (the males in the container bubbled -_-"). Added half styrofoam cups on top of the water. Also showing interest, so its good on that side.

I moved all the females to my 10 gallon endler tank (sold the endlers). I do not know what happened, whether it was bad acclimatization, aggression, overfeeding or what, but I lost nearly all of them. Left with only 4 small ones. So even if the males bubbled, no females.

I switched out one of the tanks for a Peacock Goby group I got from a friend though and they are doing well...not a good time for me (EXAMS)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts