British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i can bring these in but i wouldnt sell it to anyone. they just get too big for the home aquaria unless you have a 20000 gal tank.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
=) I always wanted one! Maybe we should just start growing one in kookus's tank!

I didn't even know it wuz allowed in BC! I wuz told they weren't! But either way.. i doubt anyone would even bring one in!

·
Registered
534 Posts
They have these at the Vancouver Aquarium, go check it out!

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
They are pretty common cites listed fish. South America has lots of them. The problem with them, like Mike said, gets way too big for any tanks...

Even the Vancouver aquarium tank looks small when they used to have 3 in there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I dont remember where I saw a video of these fish feeding but I do remember hearing the snapping noise. Sent shivers down my spine.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Sargasso Yup, I know.. that's what Vancouver aquarium is best known for, we house the biggest gigas in Canada, at least that's what I recall!

@Johnnyfishtanks Are you serious? I knew they kept quite a few monster fish, but WOW, :rolleyes: Can't imagine who's buying but!

@charles yah.. i knew about them long long ago, but came to my mind that I never seen anyone selling these fellow! and i've seen all 3 of them in there, or at least i recall from years back.. but I did go back last year, there wuz only one I remember! Do you know if the other two die or just moved? Cuz err... i saw quite a few dead fish in that aquarium the last time i went in.. not proud! :(

@snow =) buy one that'll house a RTC, a giant aro, and an ID shark =) and name it petting farm!

@kookus find that link and shoot it over =) luv to hear it! btw... if you ever need to fill that new 220gallon.. pick one up! LOL!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I'm actually planning to house one when I set up my new tank. Gotta stunt the fish though as it's the only way to keep it. I know it's cruel but most monster fish get stunted in most tank anyway. Others do a lot worst.
this is why you are KING-El...only you man! i want to see it when ya get it!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'm actually planning to house one when I set up my new tank. Gotta stunt the fish though as it's the only way to keep it. I know it's cruel but most monster fish get stunted in most tank anyway. Others do a lot worst.
How do you stunt a fish? I though people coudn't do that, doesn't it naturally take place.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
How do you stunt a fish? I though people coudn't do that, doesn't it naturally take place.
example ..keeping my Mbu puffer in my 120 for life...he would probably live..but he would be uncomfortable and couldnt turn around properly & his bottom fin would probably be damaged..

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
There are many ways to do it. Can't say in details here. The max size it's gonna get is somewhere around 3 feet. Average size in large tank or pond is 5-6 feet but many have done so around 3 feet max. That's super stunted. But were not talking about deformed body parts. It will still look like normal but small size.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
There are many ways to do it. Can't say in details here. The max size it's gonna get is somewhere around 3 feet. Average size in large tank or pond is 5-6 feet but many have done so around 3 feet max. That's super stunted. But were not talking about deformed body parts. It will still look like normal but small size.
probally best to not say .... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
well i hope no one is silly enough to take your dare.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts