British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Monster fall auction

10K views 71 replies 21 participants last post by  SeaHorse_Fanatic 
#1 · (Edited)
The date has now been set for our ANNUAL FALL MONSTER AUCTION.
It will be held: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5th...at ST PIUS X CATHOLIC CHURCH GYM, 1150 MT. SEYMOUR ROAD, NORTH VANCOUVER....more details will be posted later.

#17 ·
Hello Hydrocynus.

There is no registration fee if you register early. The general public can buy, but you must be a member to sell. We do encourage people to join the VAHS club. 25% of the selling price goes back to the club to cover overhead and the balance is usually donated to a selected fish conservation club/society (ie Project Piaba). I hope that answers some of your questions.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Hello Hydrocynus.

There is no registration fee if you register early. The general public can buy, but you must be a member to sell. We do encourage people to join the VAHS club. 25% of the selling price goes back to the club to cover overhead and the balance is usually donated to a selected fish conservation club/society (ie Project Piaba). I hope that answers some of your questions.

Best regards,

Stuart

No, I've been to the auction for maybe 5 years. You don't need to be a member to sell or buy.

Did they change the rule this year?

#20 ·
The rule has always been you need to be a member to sell, but not to buy. I guess you have been sliding under the radar on selling then (if you have not bought a membership for selling privileges).

Respectfully,

Stuart

#21 ·
The rule has always been you need to be a member to sell, but not to buy. I guess you have been sliding under the radar on selling then (if you have not bought a membership for selling privileges).

Respectfully,

Stuart

I agree Stuart, it's a very busy day usually and it may have been missed, it certainly is advertized that you must be a member to sell with a submitted sellers list and membership # on it.

#33 ·
I will be there.May bring some pond equipment from past koi project.

Reactions: guppygeorge
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.