British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My first post in years. Hope all is well with all the fellow hobbyists.

For those who have experience in moving large tanks.. Are there any moving companies that specialize in such service? The tank in question is about 7'x2'x2' and I just needed it moved from the garage into the living room. The stand is the same dimension.

I have contacted a couple of moving companies and unfortunately they were not comfortable in moving larger tanks.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Stay safe everyone!

Cheers,

Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's actually harder to find the movers that will take on the job than previously thought.

I have contacted 4 places so far. 2 companies already turned down the job and the other 2 didn't even reply.

I think any company that would move a piano would be able to move a large fish tank...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure they are all "able" to, they just didn't "want" to take on the job for some reasons. 😭

I think any company that would move a piano would be able to move a large fish tank...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Do you have 4 strong friends? Is there room to move, tank and two people abreast? With one more friend, you could relay when going through a doorway.
I moved a 120 gal with just one other person. Of course, that was 5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It's actually harder to find the movers that will take on the job than previously thought.

I have contacted 4 places so far. 2 companies already turned down the job and the other 2 didn't even reply.
Maybe pick a moving period that isn't a 'peak period' when they are busy like the middle or the end of the month. I have moved twice with my 210 gallon tank and both times, the movers were okay moving the tank and stand including down multiple flights of stairs

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Do you have 4 strong friends? Is there room to move, tank and two people abreast? With one more friend, you could relay when going through a doorway.
I moved a 120 gal with just one other person. Of course, that was 5 yrs ago.
Everything was easier 5 years ago, I always had lots of follow hobbyist that would help out with a move too. During this pandemic might be a little harder. Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all my fishy friends on the coast.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Speak to Eric over at Fish Addicts. He has someone he recommends for moving big tanks

Good luck!

(If by chance your garage and living room are on the same level - you can build a dolly and it only takes 2 people to move the tank) I went through this exercise years ago to move a 210 and 180g (stand and all)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts