British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving at the end of the month on the 31st, problem is that I can't get into the new place till the 1st but have to be outta here on the 31st. I am able to put everything in the double garage but the problem is the fish.

Do you think the fish would be ok if left for say 12-16hrs in totes and buckets with powerheads and airstones running? The garage is insulated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you can put everything in the garage and you have access to a power supply then yes they'll be fine in a tote for 24hours easily. Just put the heater/airstone/a small powerhead and the sponges or what ever you use in your filters in that tote as well.

Your Fahaka is going to hate you for doing this but she'll get over it, and with all those tanks you have to move I feel bad for you and your back. Good luck with the move, wish I could help.

As for plants I put them in a 5g bucket with a lid on it and they were in there for 72hours till they got put back into the tank. I lost about 70% of my plants but they're growing back.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I expect Homer to be pretty upset, maybe I will get to see him puff lol. The worst tanks are gonna be his 135g and the 60g brackish tank, its diamond shaped and awkward to move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts