British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I tried to source some in Canada, but ended up buying from Jhemco in the states; a good source for many O (fish) drugs ...
If it is urgent, I have some; expect 1 to 2 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
the information that I have read recommends 1/4 teaspoon of Finquel and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per gallon of water for anaesthesia.

I can't find any recommendation by the manufacturer to use the baking soda though: here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the information that I have read recommends 1/4 teaspoon of Finquel and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per gallon of water for anaesthesia.

I can't find any recommendation by the manufacturer to use the baking soda though: here.
Would I need to add baking soda if I use the MS-222 from syndel lab? I've heard that I need 1/4 of 1/4 teaspoon of MS-222 per 1L of water. Is this correct?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Would I need to add baking soda if I use the MS-222 from syndel lab? I've heard that I need 1/4 of 1/4 teaspoon of MS-222 per 1L of water. Is this correct?
that was my point, there is no recommendation by the manufacturer of Finquel to add baking solution, so I would not.

it is also 1/4 teaspoon per 1 gal, not litre BTW.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Today was my SAP dentistry day. I dosed at the above strength and they went under pretty quick, as in about ten seconds. Next time I will reduce the dosage somewhat, less drugs is probably less harmful for the fish in the long run.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts