British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in a one bedroom apartment keeping more than one fish tank is a challenge. Managing that, and keeping the wife happy is even more so :rolleyes:. About a year ago I was only keeping a 37g planted aquarium, but decided I needed more aquariums to be able to selectively breed the line of endlers I was keeping. Since, I've added 4 nanotanks (2.5g) and just recently I added a 55g. The room is now at its limit!

I thought the two bookcases on either side of the 37g tank would be sufficient to hold four nanotank that would suit that purpose. I figured they should be planted as well, to keep them "attractive", so I installed T5Ho's under the upper shelves. They aren't CO2 injected so I decided to give the excel technique combined with EI dosing a whirl. Some plants do fine and others don't. If something doesn't work I just move on to another. All of the plants in the pics are doing just fine. :)

The 37g is CO2 injected. I keep the female endlers in this tank. I let floating plants propagate for my nanotanks, which provide a comfortable habitat for the endler fry.

The 55g is a low-tech setup. I just keep the vals and anubias here. I keep the male endlers in here now along with some other community fish.

This is the line of endlers I'm working on:

Thanks for looking! :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wow you nano's look amazing, what is your secret. You have done a good job keeping it sleek and chick.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
have to agree every thing about that room is fantastic...
you are a real wet thumb....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Looks real nice ! clean ,organized ..no clutter :)...unlike my place that looks like a bomb went off in it :eek:.
Oh well :eek:...once I get every project that's 1/2 done, actually finished. I might have 1/2 a chance , of it looking 1/2 as nice:D.
Nice pics ,thanks for sharing
bill

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know what you mean Bill, the "bomb" can go off so easily. When I was a kid dad had a fish room that didn't look too bad but it had its moments. I guess that's fine in a fish room, but i knew it wouldn't fly in my living room!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow! Great looking room. I'm treating MTS with BTS to keep the condo looking clean ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.