British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in a one bedroom apartment keeping more than one fish tank is a challenge. Managing that, and keeping the wife happy is even more so :rolleyes:. About a year ago I was only keeping a 37g planted aquarium, but decided I needed more aquariums to be able to selectively breed the line of endlers I was keeping. Since, I've added 4 nanotanks (2.5g) and just recently I added a 55g. The room is now at its limit!

I thought the two bookcases on either side of the 37g tank would be sufficient to hold four nanotank that would suit that purpose. I figured they should be planted as well, to keep them "attractive", so I installed T5Ho's under the upper shelves. They aren't CO2 injected so I decided to give the excel technique combined with EI dosing a whirl. Some plants do fine and others don't. If something doesn't work I just move on to another. All of the plants in the pics are doing just fine. :)

The 37g is CO2 injected. I keep the female endlers in this tank. I let floating plants propagate for my nanotanks, which provide a comfortable habitat for the endler fry.

The 55g is a low-tech setup. I just keep the vals and anubias here. I keep the male endlers in here now along with some other community fish.

This is the line of endlers I'm working on:

Thanks for looking! :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wow you nano's look amazing, what is your secret. You have done a good job keeping it sleek and chick.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
i am so jealous, my fiance dosnt like me having even 1 in the house, so getting that many would mean that shes GONE lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow you nano's look amazing, what is your secret. You have done a good job keeping it sleek and chick.
Thanks everyone for the compliments. The secret is 1) weekly water changes and glass cleaning, weekly to bimonthly trimming and planting. 2) Do it when the wife is out. :cool:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Beautiful tanks. I really like the contrast between the minimalist low-tech 55G and the lush nanos. Makes for a really nice room!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I really like the bookcase nanos! A most excellent idea! And I like the shape of the 37. All your tanks look fantastic! :D

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
have to agree every thing about that room is fantastic...
you are a real wet thumb....

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I love how the lights in the ceiling is pointed towards the 55G tank. Of course, the nano tanks are awesome too :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Looks real nice ! clean ,organized ..no clutter :)...unlike my place that looks like a bomb went off in it :eek:.
Oh well :eek:...once I get every project that's 1/2 done, actually finished. I might have 1/2 a chance , of it looking 1/2 as nice:D.
Nice pics ,thanks for sharing
bill

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know what you mean Bill, the "bomb" can go off so easily. When I was a kid dad had a fish room that didn't look too bad but it had its moments. I guess that's fine in a fish room, but i knew it wouldn't fly in my living room!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow! Great looking room. I'm treating MTS with BTS to keep the condo looking clean ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts