British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in vancouver do a water change tonight and notice the water's not crystaline clear with a blue tinge anymore? it was a kinda murky with a yellowy brown tinge.

anyone else? or is it just me?

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
mmm weird, some times it happens when it rains like crazy. I remember late 2006 early 2007 happend and even the tanks at the aquaroim were like that

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Local turbidity is commonplace. All it takes is for a crew to be messing with the pipes nearby to stir stuff up.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Water mains do get flushed once a while and that could stir up some sediments and make the water mirky.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I work for Metro Vancouver and if you live in one of the 22 municipalities surrounding vancouver, we provide your water. If you go to this website Turbidity
it will tell you the up to date turbidity reading of your areas water shed. if the reading is over 1.0 NTU's sometimes chlorine levels will be increased as a precaution. if your unsure which reservoir your municipalities water comes from check the attached image.
if anything you can check this site when its rainy to see if you should be worried about increased chlorine levels in the water, generally there is almost zero chlorine by the time it hits the tap but ofc it depends how far from the source you are, if your really close there might be some left.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts