British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my new 180 gallon Discus fish tank. The Discus will get transfered to the new tank sometime new week.

These are the fish waiting for their new home

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Wow! That tank is -- shiny! Brand new and full of promise. Gorgeous looking fish, too. I'm sure that they'll love their new home.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was actually going to leave it with nothing in there but I thought it looked a little plain. I like to see some green and brown in the tank. Thanks for all the kind words. I will take more pics once the fish are in. Now I need to fill the tank with more fish!!!:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the Discus in their new home! They have sooooooo much room to swim now. I just need to get some more fish to fill in the 180 gallon.:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Shelley. Yes they love all the new space. Discus fish are quite fast swimmers. They need the exercise.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great looking tank.....can hardly wait to see it when those plants grow in some more.....great job!!!
Thanks Dean. The plants are growing but slowly. I don't really have much light in there (one atinic and 6500k). i DON'T WANT ANY OF THAT HAIRY ALGAE.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice size tank and perfect for discus. However, being shy fish your discus my appreciate some sort of background. Also, there is a school of thought out there that believes that a proper background could reduce the peppering in fish.

cheers,

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The 180 looks beautiful. The plants stuck to the wood really helps the look.

I am sure your Discus are loving it :) who knows, they might pair off and breed for you in the near future :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice & simple set up !!!!

Just need to add more discus to increase their sense of security, or the big one will soon exercise his/her authority.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice size tank and perfect for discus. However, being shy fish your discus my appreciate some sort of background. Also, there is a school of thought out there that believes that a proper background could reduce the peppering in fish.

cheers,
So maybe a light background? Like white of off white?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice clean setup. i like it.
Thanks. That's what I wanted. I have other planted tank and it gets to be too much sometimes with all the substrate cleaning and dosing with fertilizers CO2 etc. Thought this one is gonna be hard enough just with the water changes alone.

The 180 looks beautiful. The plants stuck to the wood really helps the look.

I am sure your Discus are loving it :) who knows, they might pair off and breed for you in the near future :D
I still like the looks of the green and brown that the plants and wood give. Here's hoping they will pair off. It will be a great experience to go through.

Nice & simple set up !!!!

Just need to add more discus to increase their sense of security, or the big one will soon exercise his/her authority.
I had no idea. I have some smaller ones in another tank but I was waiting till they get bigger. I may have to add them soon. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
hey man, u been busy....nice fish u got there.....when is the next bbcue...sorry I missed the last one.....thanks again

·
Registered
259 Posts
very nice set up!...regardless of a background... the discus will pepper because of pigeon strain...besides the background of the wall is light enough...once the discus settles down into their new home,they should have less peppering...:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts